Facts About Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal Facts
1. In 1993, Jackson patented a method of performing the 'anti-gravity lean' in concert by using special shoes that hook into pegs that rise from the stage.
2. Smooth Criminal itself, evolved from a song called 'Al Capone' which was never released during Michael Jackson's lifetime.
3. Jackson picked up the term, "Annie, are you okay?" while learning CPR using a dummy referred to as Resusci Annie
4. The Police Chief telling everyone to 'clear the area, right now' is Jackson's recording engineer, Bruce Swedien.
5. The heartbeat heard during the opening of the track is indeed Michael's very own.
6. Rolling Stone Magazine ranks Smooth Criminal sixth on their list of 50 Best Michael Jackson Songs.
7. In 2019, American TV personality Kim Kardashian bought the white fedora, Jackson used during the filming of the video for her daughter, North. The smooth criminal hat cost $65,000 and still had Jackson's make up on it.
Never forget to check if Annie is okay ever again by visiting our Micheal Jackson Collection - home to some of the most original music t-shirts anywhere!